In case you are suffering from one or more painful lumps on your skin, then don’t overlook the problem to be just a normal pimple. Reason being, it can be a boil. These skin eruptions are caused by bacterial infections and calls for greater attention. Read out all the details about skin boils here.
Boil is a kind of skin infection which occurs due to an infected oil gland or hair follicle. Being a localized infection in the skin, it appears to be a red and tender area, in the beginning. Later, the skin turns red and a noticeable lump is developed upon the skin.
If still, you don’t follow any healthy practices, the center of the boil get softens and is filled with the infection-fighting white blood cells. Yes, the collection of white blood cells, proteins and bacteria, which is termed as pus, get accumulated. In worst case, it has to be surgically opened and drained out from the surface of skin. Hence, it is important for you to know how to treat the problem.
But before that, you should be aware of the reasons causing boils.
What causes skin boils?
Though there can be different health problems which make people more susceptible to skin infections, yet some of them are described here;
- Poor Nutrition: Healthy nutrition is the basic need of everyone and it is very important for proper functioning of body. And if you are missing out it, you will get prone to many diseases such as boils.
- Poor Hygiene: Another major reason causing boils is the bad hygiene habits. Being the science of preservation of health and preventive medicine, good hygiene is a necessity for healthy body and skin. Hence, avoid exposure to harsh chemicals which causes irritation and can be a reason for boils.
- Diabetes: Actually a person with diabetes, one cannot regulate the amount of sugar present in the blood. Hence, the glucose in the blood can't move into the cells, which further harm the cells that needs glucose and also some tissues and organs, exposed to the high glucose levels.
- Weaker Immune System: Your immune System is a complex system which is meant to protect you against any foreign substances and infections. Or in simple language, immune system works to kill the invaders.
How to treat boils?
Generally, there are two ways to cure boils,
Medical Boils Treatment: When boils become too large, your doctor can try hot pack method to increase the circulation in the boil. In other cases, doctors prefer using antibiotics. Or, the final step in boils treatment is to do a surgery.
Natural Remedies for Boils Treatment: There are numerous homemade solutions you can use to treat boils. For instance;
- You can make a paste of Neem leaves and apply it on the infected area of skin.
- You can form a paste of the bark of castor tree for faster results.
- In equal amounts, blend ginger and garlic to form a thick paste and use it for the treatment of boils.
It will be your choice, which method you like to go. But it is advised to treat the problem in the initial phase.