Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that mimics acne due to its symptoms like redness, inflammation, and puss filled bumps. If you’re looking for natural way to treat rosacea, here are effective home remedies for that.
Rosacea is a skin condition which is marked by the redness and inflammation. The affected parts of the skin swells due to the pus formation, which may look like acne breakouts. Rosacea occurs due to the alternation in the blood capillaries’ function, excessive exposure to the sun, hot bathes, medical conditions or family history. According to a one report, nearly 14 million Americans have been suffering from Rosacea.
Before using OTC ointments, you can give these effective home remedies for rosacea a try. These home remedies will lower the redness and inflammation occurring in rosacea while speed up the healing time.
(Note: Please consult your doctor before using these natural treatment for rosacea)
Green tea is enriched with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and phyto protective components that are very useful in skin condition like rosacea. Green tea minimizes the reaction of skin to UV rays, thereby useful in preventing papules and pustules from occurring on the affected part of the skin.
- Prepare 2 cups of green tea and place it in the refrigerator for nearly 20-30 minutes. Take it out and soak a cloth in the cold tea and apply it over the parts of the skin affected by rosacea. It will lower the redness and inflammation. Do this remedy twice in a day for a month to get improvement.
- Alternatively, you can drink green tea two times a day. It is useful to keep your skin hydrated and delivers your body antioxidants to accelerate the healing process.
Honey has been the age old remedy for various skin problems. This is because it is rich in antimicrobial and effective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant elements. It is natural moisturizer and anti-ageing remedy which is useful for the acnes and its similar condition like rosacea.
All you need to massage 1 to 2 tbsp. of raw honey on your face. Let it rest for nearly 20-30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and use a light moisturizer afterwards. Repeat it twice a week to get rid of inflammation and redness while speed up the healing process.
You can also take mix 2 tbsp. of organic honey with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and 1.1/2 tbsp. whole milk. Apply this paste on your face and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy thrice times a week.
Like honey, turmeric is counted among the powerful home remedies to treat skin disorders and conditions including rosacea. Turmeric is rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and is the good for healing, making it an effective home remedy for rosacea. The herb contains curcumin which is the powerful anti-inflammatory agent and kills the microbes.
Besides, turmeric is useful to for maintain the normal PH level in skin.
You can make the paste by mixing few tbsp. of turmeric with yogurt, milk or honey. Before applying this paste, wash the affected parts of the skin and pat dry. Now, apply this paste on your skin and leave it for 20-30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is efficient for skin conditions as it is rich in anti-inflammatory properties to cure the inflammation skin conditions like rosacea. It also kills the bacteria and yeast on the skin. Besides, it restores the normal pH level of the body, which is important for the healthy skin.
- Add 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp. of honey to 1 cup of water. Drink this mixture two time a day-morning and bedtime.
- Add 2 tbsp. of ACV to 10 tbsp. of water. Apply this solution over the affected part of the skin. Wait for 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
So, these are the home remedies for rosacea. Apart from using these remedies, you must follow these precautions for a faster healing.
- Wear sunscreen before going out in the sun
- Use alcohol free facial products only
- Minimize the consumption of tea, alcohol and coffee
- Don’t run the affected area