Known to be a disorder of the blood vessels, Rosacea is affecting 48 percent of the world population. And the worst thing is that it is one of the most misunderstood states of the skin. Learn here how to treat this skin problem at the comfort of your home.
Are you suffering from those embarrassing red flushes?
This is something more common among people from European decent and amongst the women. In fact, rosacea is twice likely to develop in females. The major problem is that people don't even know they have rosacea. They keep on treating their condition as if it was acne.
As far as the common symptoms of rosacea are concerned, it includes having red flushes. Generally, the flaring up is caused due to the rapid flow of blood through the blood vessels. These flushes are not restricted to the sufferer's face and can easily affect your neck, eyes, and you’re your chest. However, in later stages of the condition, these flushes become more common the sufferer and it appears as sunburn or a permanent blush.
Hence, if you have been experiencing this itching condition, and are looking for some tips to avoid and overcome the problem, here is something useful.
- Apply chamomile: For years, chamomile has been known to soothe rosacea-prone skin. Hence, it is advised to make use of cleansers, soaps, and moisturizers containing chamomile.
There is a catch! Are you allergic to ragweed? Then please skip out this point please.
- No abrasives: The reason why you need to avoid any types of abrasion is that it can cause a flush. Therefore, abrasive products like buff puffs, scrubs, or cleansing powders need to be avoided at any cost.
- Choose a gentle cleanser: Be very particular while using anything over rosacea affected skin. You can use a liquid facial cleanser which comes with sodium lauryl sulfate or disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate. The major benefit of using both ingredients will clean your skin gently, without causing any stimulation or flushing.
- Be diet-conscious: No you don’t need to starve. But yes, there are some points to be considered.
- Avoid foods prepared with horseradish, chili peppers, Tabasco sauce, and the like.
- Eat more dark green vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, kale, and spinach.
- Consume foods rich in vitamins A and C, beta-carotene, and bioflavonoids.
- Say no to alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid wrinkle creams: When you are suffering from rosacea, you need to keep anti-aging creams which consist of alpha hydroxyl acids, at bay. If you want to prevent wrinkles, you can buy creams which keep the percentage of acid under 2.5%. And if still there is any redness, discontinue using the product is the only solution.
- Go for cucumber moisturizer: Just after you cleanse your skin, you look for a moisturizer, right? Why go for chemical-based, when you have option to go natural! Smooth on moisturizers which comes with cucumber extracts. It will soothe rosacea-prone skin significantly.
So, these were some easy tips to treat rosacea. In case, the condition tends to worse, it is advised to consult the physician.