Are you suffering from scabies, but worried about the cost of the treatment. Well, the good news is that you don’t require a great deal of money to afford scabies treatment. You can easily get cheap over-the-counter medicines at any drug store near you. Cost-effective creams like permethrin and Dr. Scabies cost probably less than the cost of cold drinks and burgers that you buy every other day. So, there’s no point in seeking compensation from insurance companies or worrying about the cost of the treatment.
Diagnosis and Treatment
However, you immediately need to get yourself diagnosed with scabies test, as soon as you start seeing the symptoms or suspect that you may have caught scabies. To diagnose your skin, your physician will be scraping off your skin for microscopic examination to check the presences of itch mites. If diagnosed, you’ll be recommended to apply permethrin cream all over the body to eradicate scabies mites within a week or so.
This cream needs to be applied to your entire body down the neck. Leave it overnight and wash it the next morning. You need to follow this procedure for up to one week to see the result. You may experience itching even after the initial treatment for up to two weeks due to your skin’s allergic reaction to the itch mites. However, if itching persists even after two weeks, then you require a second treatment.
Although the scabies treatment is not costly, the procedure does seem hectic and treatment for the second time will add up to the extra cost. Another thing to worry during the second treatment is that you have to again come in contact with harsh chemical-induced creams, which contain insecticides to eradicate mites.
But if you don’t want to rely on harsh chemicals, then you can even cure it at home using some effective and natural home remedies. Following natural ingredients can help you get rid of scabies without making a hole in your pocket.
1. Lavender Oil: Lavender oil has antibacterial properties and is well known to repel scabies mites from the skin. It can be mixed with olive oil and the mixture can be applied to the entire body to treat scabies. Furthermore, it replenishes and cleanses your skin.
2. Neem Oil: It is a very good antiseptic, antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial agent. Due to all these properties, it is one of the best natural remedies to treat scabies at home. It kills the mites within a week if applied regularly.
3. Tea Tree Oil: It also has strong antiviral properties and can treat scabies without any side effects. It is acidic in nature, so you need to dilute it with olive oil and then apply on the affected skin to treat scabies.
4. Garlic: It is an antibacterial agent that can kill the mites and prevent your skin from further infection. You need to apply fresh garlic paste to the affected areas, leave it for few hours and rinse off with a cold shower.
5. Aloe vera: This natural ingredient is known to cure many skin problems, including scabies. Its cooling effect soothes itching and irritation caused by scabies. It also has anti-bacterial properties that help in healing and regenerating your skin.
You can treat scabies with any of these home remedies without harming your skin with chemicals. All these treatments are considered safe to use but you need to be a little patient with them, as in some people it may take some time to show the result. But if you want faster yet natural treatment, then you may opt for Dr. Scabies homeopathic treatment that’s 100-percent natural and doesn’t have any side effects.