Being one of the most beneficial oils, it had been used extensively used since ages. Whether it is about the numerous health benefits or the beauty aid it offers, almond oil is full of goodness. Find out here how you can make best use of it.
Nature has bestowed upon a huge range of magical ingredients which are beneficial to human in several ways. And certainly, almond oil is one of them. Basically, there are two kinds of almond oils, bitter almond oil, which comes from pressing the bitter almonds and it contains amygdalin. Well known for its medicinal properties, this type of almond oil is hard to ingest and thus, can be used for topical application. The second one is sweet almond oil which is processed from edible almonds. Being widely used for skin and hair, it is greatly popular worldwide for various reasons. Check out how it proves to be advantageous:
Maintain a healthy weight:
Are you planning to lose weight? Almond enriched diet can be of great use. Yes, several researches have proved that people who consume almond oil as a regular part of their diet have greater tendency to lose weight. But the fact is only few know about this. Generally, it is a common concern of the people that adding almonds into their diets will lead to potential weight gain. Almonds are high in fat, but if you wish to have a balanced diet which incorporates plenty of plant-based foods and healthy fats, it is the best thing you can do.
Protection from the heart diseases:
Keep your heart healthy for a healthy life. While the current lifestyle and bad eating habits are ruining your heart’s health, it is almond oil which you can count to do something good to your cholesterol levels. Hence, if you are using this oil as a regular part of your diet, there are high chances that you are building a great distance from the risks of cardiovascular diseases. High cholesterol and few other conditions, which are said to cause chronic inflammation, can be managed well with the help of the anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory properties of almond oil.
Keep your skin healthy:
Well this is one of the most prominent reasons of increasing popularity of this oil. There are countless benefits of using almond oil for your skincare. It is so mild and hypoallergenic that it goes well with every skin type. Even for the sensitive skin or the baby skin, it can be used without any doubt.
- For maximum benefits, heat it up a little and then gently massage over your body.
- You can also combine it with a few other essential oils to increase it power. Pick any rose oil, myrrh oil or lavender oil with it to keep your skin looking healthy for long.
- Another benefit of using almond oil is that it has exceptional anti-oxidative properties, especially the sweet almond oil, and hence you can use it to protect your skin against the UV radiation damage.
- Having a light texture, it gets easily absorbed into the skin and then gently dislodges the debris from deep within skin pores.
- Do you know it can be a great help to prevent your skin from problems such as acne, eczema and psoriasis? Yes, being a rich source of vitamin A, it also helps in fighting aging signs.
- You can also use it to form a natural facial scrub. Add fine sugar and few drops of sweet almond oil and it can be used even to the sensitive skin.
Beneficial for hair care:
For those who are fed up of their dry and rough hair, almond oil comes to your rescue. Every time you wash your hair, make sure you gently massage a few drops of this oil. It will not only condition your hair, but also make them look soft, hydrated, and shiny for long.
Secondly, if you want to get rid of dandruff, almond oil can be used to remove the dead cells. Nourishing your hair, it keeps them healthy and hair problems at bay.
Being exposed to pollution, dust, heat, and those chemical styling products, scalp inflammation has become something common these days. Using almond oil regularly can help.
Having significant amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids, proteins, zinc, vitamin E, potassium, and several other vitamins and minerals, it is an age-old ingredient known to work wonders for health and beauty. So, add it your routine and stay fit!