Tea tree oil is a derivative of the tea tree. It was first discovered by sailors on the Australian coast. Read on to know whether tea tree oil can help you deal with the scabies infection or not!
Tea tree is often recommended for treating skin problems like acne, infections from fungus, lice and Scabies. It has antiseptic properties and is known to provide instant relief in boils, sore throat, ear infections and herpes.
Tea tree is often advised in Scabies, but is it really able to eradicate the mites is a debatable question –
1. Tea tree oil has been known to alleviate the itching in a patient. It is seen that the oil gets absorbed in the skin in a very short span of time.
2. The oil is not sticky and the strong smell vanishes after ten minutes. The active ingredient in Tea tree oil is terpin-4-ol that is believed to kill the mites and prevent them causing a re-infestation.
3. The oil has very high index of anti fungal, anti bacterial and anti viral properties. It has been recommended for insect bites of all kinds and wounds form itching.
4. However in the case of Scabies it was seen that that the tea tree oil was unable to get rid of the eggs that were deep inside the burrows. Only their mites could be controlled.
5. The full eradication of Scabies mites is only possible when it is combined with an active ingredient like Sulfur.
Dr. Scabies is a scabicide made of natural ingredients. Sulfur in the most permissible limits is the active ingredient in all their products, in order to eradicate the Scabies infection forever. Use tea tree oil as a temporary solution but for lasting relief, go for a recommended product like Dr Scabies.