Unwanted hair on the face is a major concern for many women which can even lead to distress and low-confidence levels. So, women use various remedies to get rid of unwanted hair growth on the face.
But undoubtedly in comparison to chemical laden products it’s better to use natural remedies that can help in removing unwanted hair without causing any side-effects. The following blog is about DIY hair removal masks with safe and easily available ingredients.
Read on to know simple DIY remedies for removing hair from the face.
- Orange and Lemon Peel Mask: For cleansing and natural bleach
Orange peel’s oil extract is a natural cleanser and that’s why found in many cosmetic products. They also help to bleach the hair naturally and remove hair permanently within few days.
- Dry orange peel – 1 teaspoon
- Dry lemon peel – 1 teaspoon
- Oatmeal – 1 teaspoon
- Ground almond – 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Rose water – 1 teaspoon
- First grind dry orange and lemon peel till it turns to powdered form. Now add oatmeal and almond meal to the mixture.
- Add rose water and plenty amount of olive oil and stir it till it converts to paste.
- Now apply the paste and rub gently in circular strokes for 5-10 minutes and then wash it with water.
- You can repeat this procedure twice or thrice during a week.
- Lavender and Tea Tree Oil: For Hirsutism
This DIY mask is best suited for women who suffer from hirsutism which is marked by excessive hair on the androgen. Lavender and tea tree oil have anti-androgenic activities which help to lessen the unwanted hair growth.
- Lavender oil – 1 teaspoon
- Tea tree oil – 4 to 6 drops
- Cotton ball
- Small bowl
- Mix lavender oil and tea tree oil in a small bowl.
- Apply the mixture on your face using a cotton ball and let it be on your face for next few hours.
- You can apply the mixture two times in a day up to 3 months.
- Apricot and Honey Scrub: Natural antioxidant to remove facial hair
Apricot contains the anti-oxidant Lycopene, vitamins and minerals which cannot just eradicate unwanted facial hair but also make it look beautiful.
- Dry apricots – 1/2 cup
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Lukewarm water
- Grind the apricots to powdered form and add honey to it. Now apply the mixture to your face for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Rub thoroughly with your fingers in circular strokes for next 20 – 25 minutes.
- Wash the face with lukewarm water. You can follow the same procedure for 2 – 4 times during a week.
- Sugar Wax: Successful in removing unwanted hair with less irritation
It is known as traditional wax that is famous for removing unwanted hair. If the wax is removed in the same direction as of hair growth, it will cause less irritation.
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoon
- Water – 2 tablespoons
- Take all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat them for a few minutes. Continue to heat till the sugar dissolves and obtains a dark color.
- Now apply it to your face with a spatula. Take a cloth strip over the wax and use your fingers to smooth it.
- Now pull it off in a way that is opposite to the direction of hair growth.
- You can repeat the process as per need.
- Green Gram Flour and Rose Water: Exfoliates and removes dead cells
Green gram flour is a natural exfoliator which helps to remove dead skin cells thereby removing unwanted hair. The rose water is a natural cleanser that makes the skin soft and beautiful.
- Green gram flour – 2 tablespoon
- Rose water – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Mix all the ingredients to form a paste and then spread it evenly over your face.
- Allow it to settle for 20 – 30 minutes and then scrub your face gently.
- Repeat the procedure for 3 – 4 times in a week.