There may be many reasons like Folliculitis, Seborrheic, or Dermatitis causing pimple-like-bumps on the scalp. They may cause severe itching and can be painful or dangerous if left untreated. Pimple like bumps on the scalp are embarrassing and there is no way to hide them. So, its better to take the guidance of a doctor and understand the symptoms, causes, and remedies to get out of this.
Pimples and acnes are something than can occur anywhere and everywhere on the body. Right now, we are talking about pimple like bumps. Even they can occur anywhere on the body, but on the scalp they cause a severe itching or redness. They occur when we have excess amount of oil on the scalp, with impurities, dirt, and blockage of the pores. There’s no good reason to hide them, so better one should consult a doctor to get rid of them with a solution.
These Pimple-like bumps on the scalp are very gentle, crusty, itchy, irritating and red in appearance. They are often filled with a pus, that is surrounded by oily or greasy skin. With these scalp bumps, you may get red bumps on other parts of the body like ears, eyelids, or nose.
Causes of pimple like bumps
There are many factors causing pimple like bumps on the scalp, like;
- Changes in hormones due to menstruation or adolescence period
- Hot temperature
- Use of more chemicals and oils
- Any medical treatment going on
- Greasy or oily scalp
- Excess use of helmets, hats or caps
- If acne problem is hereditary
You may get an ample number of home remedies, that can be used to get rid of the pimples on the scalp. Take a look;
- Applying Garlic To The Scalp is very beneficial as it kills the impurities and fight with infection. Take a garlic and mash it to make a paste of it. And, apply it on the scalp.
- Apply the blend of Nutmeg Powder And Milk on the scalp by making a thick paste covering the affected area.
- Neem is a natural treatment for many problems. Either wash your hair with neem boiled water, or, make a paste of neem leaves and apply on the scalp. It helps in killing the itchy bug causing irritation.
- Tea tree oil also has antibacterial properties that help in treating the pimple and acnes. Take 2 tablespoons of tea oil in a bowl and mix it well with olive oil or Lavender oil. Apply this mixture to the scalp. Leave it for two hours.
- Rose water has calming and purifying properties, that gives help from the torment or irritation that is related to the scalp pimples. Rose water will diminish the tingling and will have a cooling impact on the scalp.
- Lemon, likewise, helps in the treatment of scalp or any sort of skin infection. Take juice of half lemon and apply it to the scalp pimples. The pimples diminish viably with the use of this home therapy.
- One can even take a fully red tomato and crush it up. Rub this paste to the pimples on scalp. Leave the mash in the scalp for 60 minutes. Take after this cure all the time to dispose of scalp pimples.
- Add one tablespoon of vinegar to a bucket/tub of water and blend well. After you have washed your hair with shampoo, just wash or rinse your hair with the vinegar and water blend. It helps in keeping up the pH level of the skin of the scalp, keeping the scalp from bacterial diseases.
Note: Follow any of the home remedies, let the mixture remain on your scalp for at least one hour, and then wash away by shampooing.