Scabies infestation in itself is a scary word, and what makes it even scarier is the ease in which it can transmit from person to person. It results in relentless itching that further results in rashes, and red bumps on the skin.
Image Credits: Pinterest.com
Therefore, it becomes absolutely essential to treat scabies as soon as the early signs of this skin condition. Instead of going for chemical-induced harsh products, you may rely on many natural cleansing products to rid of this annoying skin condition. Furthermore, thorough miniaturization will provide proper hydration to the skin and help in healing the affected areas fast.
What is Scabies?
Scabies is a highly infectious skin condition that occurs due to the infestation of Sarcoptes scabiei. The tiny mites burrow into the skin leading to serious itching in the affected areas. Intense itching is the most widely recognized sign of scabies and it occurs due to burrow tracks formed by the mites in the skin. These burrows are usually found in the folds of the skin such as between the fingers, around the midriff, in the armpits, along with the wrists, at the internal elbow, around breasts, on the soles of the feet, and genital areas.
Home Remedies to Get Rid Of Scabies
Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the most profound treatments for scabies is using apple cider vinegar. ACV is well-known for its high pH, due to which it can easily eradicate these itch mites.
How is it helpful in treating scabies?
Raw organic apple juice vinegar contains living bacteria that further helps in eradicating scabies from your skin.
How to use:
- Blend a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar in a bowl
- Apply this mixture to the affected areas using a cotton ball
- Leave it on the skin for about 15 minutes and later rinse it off with warm water
- You need to repeat this treatment three times a day to completely get rid of the infestation
Apple Cider Vinegar and its properties:
Raw apple cider vinegar is made out of natural apples with the help of fermentation process. Catalysts and different supplements are preserved during fermentation to bring out helpful properties.
Nutritional facts about apple cider vinegar:
- Apple juice vinegar is rich in potassium, which helps in keeping teeth strong and also used to avoid hair loss.
- It contains pectin that helps in keeping blood pressure normal and also reduces "bad' cholesterol in the body.
- It is also rich in malic acid that can fight against infections, bacteria, and fungus.
- It contains calcium that’s good for bones and teeth, as well as helps in maintaining pH balance of your body.
- The acidic acid in ACV helps in decreasing the speed at which sugar enters the blood after a meal.
- Besides all that, ACV contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C and E
Other Natural Remedies:
- Neem Oil
It is a natural pesticide that can cause many skin conditions, particularly scabies. This oil is known for its antifungal and antibacterial properties that can easily help in eliminating scratching scabies bumps and also enhance the healing process.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a natural disinfectant, which is known for antibacterial, anti-parasitic, antifungal, and antiseptic properties. It also contains a terpinen-4-ol compound that can kill the parasite responsible for the scabies outbreak.
- Cayenne Pepper
Use water treated with cayenne pepper for bathing to kill the mites responsible for scabies outbreak. For this, you need to add one cup of cayenne pepper to your hot bath and soak in the bath until the water turns cool. But don’t let this water get into your eyes. Later, rinse off the pepper with cool water. Regular use of this treatment will provide better results in a few days.