A little redness on cheeks is healthy and gives you an attractive look. But redness caused by lupus rash on your face may leave you embarrassed or frustrated. It may also lead to other skin problems like red spots, scaly skin, sensitivity to the sun with flakes or rashes on the body, including face, neck, and arms.
Image Credits: Pinterest.com
A good self-care is important to manage lupus rash. You are able to know your body’s warning signs of fatigues, joint pain, rash or fever. After noticing any of these signs, you must take measures to control them.
Here are some ways to reduce stress:
- You need to keep your daily schedule very simple.
- Minimize your list of obligations to others.
- Exercise regularly - Every-day exercise not only keeps your body fit but also keeps the mind fresh throughout the day.
- Rely on meditation or yoga to keep your body and mind calm.
What to do if you have fatigue with lupus?
- You need to get 8-12 hours of sleep daily or try to take rest in-between your work routine, if possible.
- You must limit all the tiring activities.
- If your body is not able to exert too much work pressure, take help from others and don’t try to do everything by yourself.
- Take short breaks from your daily activities. Also, consider cutting down your work routine at least when you have lupus symptoms.
- Physical activity keeps you healthy by boosting energy and helping you stay in good condition.
- If you suspect that depression is the reason for your fatigue, get proper treatment from your doctor for mental health.
How to reduce redness in the face caused by lupus?
No matter you’re suffering from an acute or a chronic flare with a rash, you can anytime apply the following home remedies to treat your facial skin and reduce the symptoms.
1. Aloe Vera
Soothing Aloe Vera gel contains anti-inflammatory healing compounds that are quite effective at calming your skin whenever it feels flared or irritated. It’s best to use fresh aloe leaf and cut it out to get the natural gel. You can apply this gooey inner layer of Aloe Vera leaf on your face and relax for a while. After some time rinse your face with water and apply moisturizer. This will eventually help you in soothing your irritated skin and reducing redness.
The flesh of the cucumber contains an appropriate amount of water and vitamin C, as well as caffeic acid. Caffeic acid helps in cooing the skin and decreasing inflammation. Moreover, it also improves skin condition by helping it to become blemish free.
3. Colloidal Oatmeal Facial Mask
You can easily prepare this mask at home. You need to mix a few drops of rose water with Honey (1 TBSP), Apple Sauce (2 TBSP), and Oatmeal (2 TBSB). Once the mixture is prepared, apply in on the face and rinse it off after 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Manuka Honey
It has anti-inflammatory properties to treat your skin. You can buy Manuka honey with UMF/OMA rating of 15 or above to ensure that it can calm your skin and reduce redness.
5. Anti-Lupus Rash tea
You can even calm and soothe your irritated skin by placing tea bags on it. For this procedure, you may use chamomile tea, green tea, and peppermint tea. All these tealeaves contain polyphenols and antioxidants, which have “cooling effect” on the skin. You can refrigerate your tea bags after use and after that place them directly on the irritated skin for about 5 minutes.