Will you believe that 130 million people are affected by scabies at any time? You can now have an idea how rapidly spread across and that is why it is said to be one of the most contagious skin disorders. As far as the reason behind it is considered, scabies occur due to infestation caused the tiny scabies mites, called as Sarcoptes scabiei var hominis. These mites are small in size and hardly visible to the naked eye. They enter the human body through skin surface, forming tiny burrows into the epidermis. The female mites then lay eggs in these burrows, causing an increase in the infection. If proper care is not taken for the mite infestation, it is often complicated by the bacterial infection. The consequences of this itchy skin diseases leads to severe problems such as skin sores, rashes, septicemia, heart disease and chronic kidney disease.
Few years back, Lindane was the first option considered to kill the scabies mites completely. Lindane is basically is an organochlorine insecticide, which has been used for more than 50 years. Mostly, it has been used for treating skin problems caused by the scabies mite and lice. In 2006, the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) banned Lindane usage in agriculture. However, at that time it had no bearing on its pharmaceutical use, which is governed by the FDA.
Recently, the World Health Organization banns use of Lindane as it causes cancer. It was also said that this insecticide lindane is somewhere responsible for the increased rates of cancer. What more important is that lindane is now banned by both the U.S. and EU.
Is it still used to treat scabies? Besides, the fact that it causes cancer, this very same product being used by some pharmaceutical agent in the treatment of contagious skin infestations. It is a harmful product and has also been shown to cause kidney and liver damage in several research studies.
What are the problems one might face with lindane solutions?
If you are suffering from scabies and you count on medicinal solutions, which contains lindane, here are some problems you can face, have a look:
- It causes dizziness. Hence, if you are about to drive, operate machinery, or do something similar, you are putting yourself in danger.
- If you are using lindane lotion in a limit exceeding as prescribes or you are using the lindane lotion for longer period without checking with your doctor, you might get into big problem.
- Once lindane lotion gets in your eyes, nose, or mouth, it can cause burning sensation. If it happens, rinse eyes with water immediately. In case burning sensation continues, consult your doctor.
- In case you have open wounds, cuts, or sores, and you use lindane over them, you can increase your problem. You must follow the health care instructions properly. Always use lindane lotion in the appropriate amount as it can be poisonous if misused.
- It is important to not here that lindane can be used to treat the current scabies infestation only. It is not meant for preventing future infestations.
- Use of lindane for the elderly people is more risky. They are more sensitive to its effects. Hence, it is better to avoid.
- Just like the elderly, caution is advised with children too. Scabies can happen to anyone, even to the small children. If your child is suffering from mite infection, lindane solution is not good for them.
- In case of pregnancy or breast feeding, lindane becomes more dangerous. It is harmful to the fetus.
What is the alternate to lindane solution?
There are a number of natural ways to treat scabies. However, if you want a solution which is fast, reliable and safe, Dr. Scabies is the answer to all your questions. Being one of the most recommended FDA-registered, homeopathic and natural remedy, it constitutes of the safest concentration of sulfur and other natural oils, which make it ideal to eradicate scabies from its roots. Thus, go natural and be safe!