From acne breakouts, burns, cuts, vaccinations for injuries, there are many skin traumas that lead to scars. This ugly spot can be long or short and can affect your self-esteem, though they are harmless. While there are many topical medications or treatments available, many home remedies can help erase scars. It won’t cost you anything to try these simple remedies before opting for expensive treatment or medications.
Pic Credit:- Quora.com
Lemon juice has a powerful bleaching agent, which fades the signs of scars. As an added bonus, its vitamin C removes the impurities from the skin and kills the bacteria.
Here are the ways you can use lemon for scars
- Apply lemon juice directly over the scars by using a cotton ball. Leave it for 8-10 minutes and wash it off with water. Do this process for 2-3 weeks to see the desired results.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of lemon juice with 2 tbsp. of Vitamin E for your acne scars.
- Or mix 1 tbsp. of lemon juice with 1 egg white. Give your skin a gentle massage with this paste. Leave it unless it gets dry and then rinses it off with lukewarm water.
- Avoid going out in the sun after applying lemon to your skin as your skin is more vulnerable to sun rays.
- Always use lemon juice in diluted form, for example with water, for sensitive skin. )
Aloe vera is high in therapeutic values and is used for several health and skin problems. It can be a wonderful remedy for your scars. Firstly, it contains soothing, healing and moisturizing properties. Then, it repairs the skin and lowers scars irritation.
Use a mature aloe vera plant which is three years old and looks green and juicy. Obtain the gel from the aloe vera leaf by removing its green cover. Gently massage the affected area with this gel and leave it for 30 minutes. Later rinse it off with cold water and pat dry. Repeat this process twice in a day to see improvement.
(Caution: Avoid using aloe vera on wounds or if you are allergic to garlic, tulip, and onion.)
Honey is an antibiotic which not only kills bacteria but also plays important role in repairing the skin. The combination of honey sugar and healing secretions fade the scars.
Some of the effective ways to use honey for scars are…
- Wash your face and pat dry with a towel. Apply a thin layer of honey and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with cool water.
- Take lemon water and honey in equal amount and apply it on the scars. Leave it for 15 minutes and later rinse it off with cool water.
Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil is a wonderful remedy for scars, thanks to its antiseptic, antifungal and antiviral properties. It is useful in treating hypertrophic scars and may gradually erase the scar. All you need to apply 2-4 drops of tea tree oil mixed with coconut oil to your scars twice a day.
Besides using these home remedies, make sure to keep your skin clean, moisturized and protected from the sun.