Parasites are nasty creatures that may be living inside your body and you’ll not be able to notice. These are microscopic creatures that most commonly spread through water and food. According to the CDC report, there are several million Americans living with parasitic infections.
Image Credits: Pinterest.com
Reportedly, U.S. hospitals see around 1,000 cases of the taenia solium tapeworm every year. Toxoplasma gondii, also known as the “cat poop parasite” infects about 60 million U.S. citizens in a single year.
It’s quite evident that these tiny organisms are able to trigger so many health serious problems that it becomes necessary to kill parasites lurking in your body. Many health care specialists test patients for parasites before undergoing a specific therapy.
If you don’t want to take allopathic medicines or undergo some other medical therapies, you can rely on some of the herbal remedies to kill parasites in your body. Including the following foods in your diet could make your body a less attractive host to the numerous parasites in existence. However, even the herbs should be used the care of a health professional.
1. Garlic – It is the most versatile food item on this list. The active components allicin and ajoene are present in garlic and these components can kill parasites, pinworms, and hookworms. Kickstart your day with one clove and work your way up to as many as you can stomach.
2. Onion – It contains sulphur compounds that are anti-parasitic. Onion juice is very effective for intestinal worms, especially tapeworm and threadworms. You need to drink 2 tsp. of onion juice twice a day for 2 weeks to get rid of parasites.
3. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – Coconuts are jam-packed with nutritional benefits due to their natural saturated fats. The same fats are able to flush out internal parasites and detoxify your system. It can even prevent the development of flukes and giardia
4. Pumpkin Seeds – The seeds of pumpkin contain a natural anthelmintic effect on the digestive system. It may not kill the worms outright, but it does help your body flush them out. The parasites are paralyzed by the compounds in the seeds and cannot cling to the intestines to avoid being flushed out through digestion.
5. Papaya seeds – Papaya has many health benefits and its seeds are great for getting rid of intestinal parasites. According to a recent study, if you take honey with papaya seeds, it may help to clear the parasites. The seeds have a slightly peppery flavor and can be eaten as they are, or with salads and other dishes.
6. Turmeric - It is one of the most powerful herbs and is helpful to cure just about everything - all thanks to its powerful properties. It is an anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, wound-healing, worm-expelling, as well as, an overall body purifier. It can be consumed regularly for maintaining overall health.
7. Aloe vera – This herb is a well-known medical staple for various skin, hair or internal disorders. It can also be used for its purgative effects to help flush out stubborn parasites. Aloe vera comes in various forms such as juice, gel, powders, and tablets. However, pregnant women and young children should exercise caution and consult a physician before ingesting aloe vera.
8. Cloves - Cloves contains the most powerful germicidal agent I.e. eugenol. It also contains caryophyllene, which is a powerful antimicrobial agent. These components travel through the bloodstream, killing microscopic parasites and parasitic larvae and eggs. It is best consumed with black walnut hulls and wormwood. Cloves are even effective in killing malaria, tuberculosis, cholera, scabies and other parasites, viruses, bacteria, and fungi, including Candida.