Scabies rash is a skin condition that is caused by tiny mites called Sarcoptes scabies. These mites burrow into the skin and cause itching and discomfort. Scabies is contagious and spread quickly through close physical contact in a family school and nursing home. The most common symptom of scabies is intense itching in the area where the mite burrows.
Image Credits: Draxe.com
Scabies can be only treated by killing the mites and their eggs. Scabies won’t go away without the proper treatment and it is highly contagious. The female scabies mite burrows under the skin and lays eggs. The eggs hatch a few days later and move to the skin surface and begin the cycle again.
A wrong or many traditional treatments for scabies can cause serious side effects. Some people don’t respond to these treatments and develop a resistance. If you ever had scabies you know how annoying and disgusting they can be. The good news is there are natural home remedies to treat your scabies. They are just not effective but help to heal your entire skin health. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or have any medical concern pleased ask your doctor first before trying these remedies.
- Make a paste out of ahandful of fresh neem leave by crushing them. After that wash, the affected area thoroughly and then apply the neem paste. Let it dry naturally and then take a bath to wash it off. Do this process daily to speed up the healing.
- Boil some neem leaves in a cup of water, let to cool to room temperature. Drink one-two tablespoon of liquid three or four times a day, Repeat this for a week to make sure your scabies mite is gone completely.
Neem has the antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. They help to reduce itching and can clear the mites within only a few days.
- Apply the neem oil directly on the affected area and massage gently until oil enters deep into the skin, take bath after few minutes. Do once daily for a week or longer, it will prevent the scabies infection from spreading.
- You can also use it by mixing it with an antiseptic cream by combining two ounces each of neem oil with an equal amount of freshly ground turmeric. Apply the cream two-three times a day. This helps you to soothe itching and speed up the healing process.
Neem oil is the botanical pesticide used to treat many skin problems including scabies. It contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that help eliminates bacteria and fungus trapped in the skin. The smell of neem oil prevents scabies from reproducing that shortens the duration of the problem.
Tea tree oil
- Mix one tablespoon of tea tree oil and one olive oil and apply this solution to theaffected area. Do this twice daily for two-three weeks, it will help to reduce swelling and pain.
- You can also add 10 to 12 drops of pure tea tree oil to bath tub of lukewarm water. Take a bath in this water twice daily for aweek orlonger.
Tea tree oil contains a compound called terpinen-4-of that help to kill the parasite that causes scabies. It has also the properties of anti-fungal anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, antiseptic and wound healing qualities.
Important Note: Pregnant women and nursing women should avoid using tea tree oil. It can also irritate the sensitive skin. Test this oil on the small area beforestating its treatment.
- Grind two-three zinc tablets into a powder, then add a little water to make its thin paste. You can also add alittleturmeric to make it,more effective.
- Apply the paste on the affected skin and leave it in for half an hour until it dries naturally.
Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat it twice daily until the infection is gone.