Hives are flat, small bumps on your skin, which makes you crazy while itching and may form a rash. Hives are your body's reaction to an allergen. Basically saying, it's something which is in or on your body which your body doesn't care for. In this manner, your body discharges histamine to fight against allergies. Hives are a body's reaction to the histamine.
The most effective method to dispose of hives is the things that you are considering for yourself. There are a few things you could do to get rid of it and ease the symptoms.
Symptoms of Hives
Side effects of hives are caused due to histamine release from pole cells that exist deep inside the skin. Normal hives symptoms include:
- Starts suddenly, skin or red colored welts that look like mosquito bites
- Itching, welts continue for around 24 hours
- Angioedema i.e. swelling of face, lips, and tongue
- Wash up twice or thrice a day with cold water, unless, your hives are caused by the cold. You can also apply a pack of ice to the infected area if you couldn't stand the possibility of a cold shower.
- Maintain a daily food journal as this may help you to limit the reasons for your hives. A few common foods, which cause hives incorporate shellfish, nuts and tomatoes.
- Do check for bug bites or stings as at times, hives are brought on by an allergic reaction to a bug bite.
- Try to remove your stress from your life as it could trigger hives. Do some deep breathing exercises, stay away from stressful situations, or find a relaxation method which works for you.
- Ask your doctor for suggestions as he/she may have the capacity to give you a few tips or solution to help you keep away from the hives.
- Take anti-histamine, for example, Benadryl or Claritin. An epicene could treat outrageous cases of hives.
Hives can be controlled by evading heat, keeping the temperature of the skin cool; avoiding liquor as it causes flushing of the skin, by making an effort not to scratch the infected areas and by wearing free clothes that doesn't put weight on the skin.
A few Home remedies for hives treatment:
- A use of cool compression could give some relief from itching and pain of hives. Use of calamine cream is valuable up to a specific degree in hives. This is extremely useful, especially in itching and is one of the best home solutions for hives.
- A standout amongst the most important variables is calming the nerves as stress aggravates the hives. Drinking peppermint tea calms down the aura and hives as well. You could also try drinking valerian or chamomile tea to alleviate your nerves as this would help in healing hives.
- A use of Aloe Vera is time tested and the most effective home solution for hives. You could use the mash of aloe or a cream containing aloe on the affected areas. The properties of this herb helps in healing the skin irritation quickly.
- Also, Vitamin E oil is important for healing hives. Apply this oil at least twice a day for better outcomes.
Do follow the above given ways and home remedies in order to treat your hives completely. In case, you have any query related hives or suggestions for us, do share with us in the comments section below!