Eczema refers to a medical condition described by aggravation and bothering of skin. Atopic eczema and skin inflammation are the normal types of eczema.
It is regularly found in individuals who have tendency to create allergic reactions to specific compounds. The condition normally enhances in kids as they age, but it proceeds for the rest of the life.
Nonetheless, the condition can be monitored by using certain natural cures. Use of turmeric for eczema and itching relieves side effects effortlessly with no reactions. There are many who say that it works superior to the medicated lotions and creams.
Turmeric is one of the protected herbs used broadly in treatment of skin issue. Turmeric is a root of the plant Curcuma longa, an enduring plant that develops broadly in tropical areas of South Asia.
The active ingredient curcumin present in turmeric has calming and bactericidal property. It brings down the outflow of catalysts in charge of irritation in the body and treats aggravation of skin associated with eczema.
Use of turmeric for eczema and itching
To treat eczema and itching, Turmeric can be used both internally and externally. Here are a few approaches to use turmeric for eczema and itching;
- Take ½ tsp of turmeric, mix it well in milk and have it to treat bacterial infections responsible for redness and itching.
- Add ½ tsp of turmeric to hot water and let it stew for around ten minutes. Turmeric solution can be applied directly or can be used to wash the affected area. The germicide and calming activity of curcumin aides in soothing the itching and the rashes.
- Make a paste using 1 Tbs of neem leaves and 1Tbs of turmeric powder. Apply this paste at the affected portion. The antibacterial activity of both turmeric and neem leaves eases rashes.
- Make a paste using 1 Tbs of grounded neem leaves paste and 1Tbs of turmeric powder. Apply this paste in the affected area. The antibacterial action of both turmeric and neem leaves relieves rashes.
Applying oil of turmeric
To prepare turmeric oil, take 250 gms of any intense oil, 300 gms juice of durva grass, 125 gms of turmeric ground down with water.
Cook them in iron vessel and after that cool. The oil then is strained using pieces of fabric. This oil should be applied on both wet and dry affections. The procedure must be applied for no less than 5 days.
Precautions while applying on wet affections
- Clean them and discharge using neem water
- Then, dry the surface with the clean cotton material
- Apply the oil by using clean cotton fabric
- Turmeric face mask made of ½ container chickpea flour, I tsp of turmeric powder, 1tsp of sandalwood powder and almond oil gives blemish free beautiful skin
- Apply the paste on the face and do delicate back rub. Flush off with water following 5-10 minutes to appreciate scar free sparkling skin
To know more about what precautions one can take to get rid of eczema or itching with the help of turmeric, stay tuned to our next post.