A rich source of potassium, vitamins E, A, K, B6 and C, protein, fiber, iron, folate, magnesium, copper and phosphorus – AVOCADO is the healthiest natural ingredient. But, do you know about its beauty benefits? Have a look.
While applying avocado pulp directly on the face is a common natural beautification treatment, it is found that eating avocado regularly can also do great wonders for your complexion.
Their richness in healthy fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins can improve our skin from within.
Here are five best skin benefits of avocado and even the reasons to eat one of nature’s healthiest foods. Check Them Out!
Avocado helps hydrate and softens your dry skin. The fatty acids contained in avocado penetrate easily deep into the skin making up for any moisture loss.
- Mash 1 to 2 avocados until you have a smooth texture.
- Mix little honey to prepare a face mask.
- Apply the mixture on your skin and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat it 2 or 3 times a week.
Tip: Eat an avocado daily and keep your skin supple and glowing.
Slows the Aging Process
Avocado contains infinite amount of antioxidants and has potential anti-aging properties that can help reverse aging keeping you look young for years.
It enhances the production of collagen to maintain your skin’s elasticity and firmness. Also, it accelerates new cell generation and promotes blood circulation in the body.
- Simply use avocado oil to massage your body few times a week.
- Include 1 avocado in your diet.
Diminishes Scars and Spots
If you have scars and spots that bother you a lot, avocado is the solution for you! It helps in fading the signs of acne, eczema, minor burns, cuts, or scrapes.
The vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids present in it repair damaged tissue and improve the occurrence of scars. It also boosts the healing time and prevents new scars from forming.
- Mix half ripe peeled avocado, juice of ½ lemon and the contents of a couple of vitamin E capsules in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Rinse the affected skin with warm water.
- Massage the avocado mixture onto the affected area.
- Allow it to dry completely and wash with lukewarm water.
- Use it 3 or 4 times a week to get flawless skin.
Avocado can also help improve your complexion. The fatty acids, vitamin C and oleic acid in it help reduce the hyperpigmentation.
Moreover, its antioxidant properties help protect the skin from harmful ultraviolet (UV) sunrays, preventing sunburn.
- Blend 1 or 2 ripe avocados. You can also mix some lemon juice and honey in it.
- Massage the mixture on your face, neck, hands and legs.
- Allow it to dry, and rinse it off with cold water.
- Doing this few times a week will improve skin tone.
Avocado has monounsaturated fatty acids that can aid in reducing wrinkles and crow’s feet. The vitamin E and amino acids also improve the production of collagen, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Blend a ripe avocado to get a fine paste.
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of sweet almond oil and mix well.
- Spread the paste thoroughly on the affected areas.
- Allow it to sit for 20 minutes, rinse it off with warm water.
- Do this once daily to fight wrinkles.
So, when are you starting????