Are you dealing with extremely itchy or painful lesions across your torso or face?
You cannot overlook the problem. It can be shingles or scabies. Do you know there are one million estimated cases of shingles every year in United States? Even the latter skin infestation is highly common. While shingles are more painful, scabies is said to cause more and intense itching.
For scabies you need to look for some urgent and effective treatment, in order to prevent its widespread. You can trust the safest, highest, purest and most natural sulfur formulation like Dr. Scabies® for this purpose. It is one of best treatment regimens and is completely safe on the skin. While the major ingredient is SULFUR, on the other hand all the Dr. Scabies products are a top-notch quality.
But what if it is shingles?
Also known as herpes zoster, this skin infection is associated with a painful blistering rash. It occurs through the reactivation viral infection (the one which causes chickenpox). You can easily recognize the problem with abnormal sensations in the affected parts. And slowly these sensations will turn into a deep pain, numbness, burning, etc.
In the initial stage of shingles infection, there are chances that you experience symptoms similar to flu like fever or muscle pain. Later, rashes start appearing all over the skin, especially over the nerve where virus exists. Usually, these rashes are limited to the torso. But these can also appear on your arms, legs, face, or neck. It here when you can spot the difference from chickenpox, as the blisters will not occur all over the body.
How to treat shingles naturally?
As far as treatment is concerned, there are some vaccines to prevent shingles. However, you need to understand shingles does not have a cure. But you can do a lot to heal the pain and discomfort.
1. Witch hazel: It is believed to be way more effective for reducing inflammation and itchiness. You can buy it in a variety of forms, including creams or witch hazel water. It can be applied topically to areas of irritation and inflammation.
2. Oat baths: You might have read this before. And you need to know that the results are amazing. So if you suspect shingles or even scabies, you can add colloidal oatmeal to a cool bath. This will significantly help you to relieve pain and itchiness. Along this, the oat extracts also moisten the dry skin, soothing the sensitive and inflamed skin.
3. Cold compresses: Simply holding cool cloths or compresses against the rashes can help you a lot. It will provide relief from itchiness and reduce inflammation. You can also lightly soak a towel with cool water, wring it out, and place it on the itchy areas. It can be repeated as many times as necessary. Just make sure that the skin is not exposed to extreme temperatures. Yes, you need to avoid using ice baths or very hot water.
4. A healthful diet: Though it is not a remedy, yet it is more essential. It is vital for preventing and fighting illness. As per the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, it is highly recommend consuming a varied diet including fruits, vegetables, and whole-grains. Have more orange, red, and green foods. As these contain lutein, zeaxanthin, carotenoids lycopene, and provitamin A, these boost your immune function.
5. Reduce stress: Keep yourself in a relaxed mode. You can switch to meditation to relax and trying to rest whenever possible.
So these were some simple ways to eliminate or reduce the suffering. Have some other solutions to share? Drop them in the comment box below.