Often getting rid of those common household pests appears to be a daunting task. While most of the homemakers count on different chemicals and sprays for this purpose, but they forget that these chemicals can prove to be hazardous to their family’s health. Hence, all you need to do is switch to some natural solutions and make your home pest free.
You never like that cockroach zipping across your kitchen floor or that silverfish in the shower isn’t it!
Besides being some of the most heart-stopping things which appear in your home, these are a big sign of improper hygiene. And yes, they are said to cause several severe problems. For example, the bites from these critters can transmit serious diseases, like encephalitis (brain inflammation), Lyme disease, West Nile, etc. Presence of other mites such as Sarcoptes scabiei causes contagious diseases like scabies. And so on. Hence, you need to pay greater attention to your home’s cleanliness and make it pest free.
How? Below are listed some easy, simple and natural ways to restrict their entry in your house. Have a look:
- Fix the leaks properly: To eliminate the pests from your house, it is first important to close all the ways through which they enter. Yes, you know those leak holes which make an easy entrance for them. Hence, firstly fix the leaky pipes as soon as possible. Especially, for those cockroaches who love damp places. For a healthy living it will be your preemptive step. Along this, make sure the food containers in your kitchen are BPA-free and free of holes, so that bugs and critters don’t get in to.
- Fight back with lemon spray: When it comes to those weird ticks, remember they avoid citrus. So, you need to prepare a tick-repelling spray and it is very easy. Just boil 2 cups of water, and to this add two lemons (sliced). You need to simmer this mixture for 1 hour and the strain the fruit out. Allow it to dry and add into a spare sprayer bottle. Now you can squirt it everywhere, rooms, kitchen, yard, and even on your pets.
- A simple possum repellent: The other disturbing elements in your home- possum always scare you now and then, isn’t it? Well, no more you need to fear. Make a garlic and hot chili solution to keep them away. In 1 liter of boiling water, add 2 tablespoon of crushed garlic and some hot chilies. Then leave it to come at room temperature. Now you can pour it in a sprayer and squirt on your plants whenever needed.
- Get rid of mice and rodents: Their existence can cause severe problems in your house and therefore, you need to show them a clear exit. If you are thinking how to do it, try a natural method. Make a soapy peppermint spray to repel them. All you need to do is mix 1 cup unscented baby shampoo with approximately 25 drops of peppermint essential oil and add it to a spray bottle. Now use the mixture to spray on the areas and surfaces where you often see them such as basements and garages.
- Good bye flies: Are those flies in your home or garden irritating you all the time? No more you need to bear them. Do you know you can create a natural shield at home itself? Yes, you need to plant smart to repel. You can bring home those fly repelling plants like basil, mint, rosemary, bay leaves, catnip, lavender, etc. It is a simple and trouble free way to keep flies away.
Remember, these bugs aren’t just disgusting, they can also be dangerous.