While returning from a vacation you expect to have a bag full of good memories, right? But what if after a long relaxing and exciting time you get to know that there is something wrong with your skin.
“I went for a trip to a Brazilian beach. Five weeks after returning from to my home in Spain my body began to itch. It was troubling me everywhere. The problem became intense at night, making me spend sleepless nights.”
This might horrify you but it can happen to anyone. Nick further stated,
“After two weeks of this itching accompanied torment with pimples and the sores from scratching, it started spreading all across my body. From abdomen, buttocks to genitals, it was now everywhere. I know it was late to consult a dermatologist.”
There are many skin problems which are often overlooked in the initial stage. Later when these are detected, it becomes challenging to treat them.
“The diagnosis was scabies. So far I was unknown to this infestation caused by tiny mites.”
The major problem with scabies is that it is frequently misdiagnosed and mistreated. While more than 130 million people are said to be affected at any time globally, this skin problems goes unnoticed for several weeks. However, this infection can cause a great amount of discomfort. The worst part is that it can spread so easily among close contacts. So, a timely diagnosis becomes crucial.
How You Can Diagnose Scabies At Home?
The first thing you can do to prevent the problem from becoming worse is recognizing it at home. Check here some of the major signs and symptoms of scabies which state your exposure to the tiny mites.
1. Itching: Of course it is the major sign to identify scabies. If you are dealing with that urge to scratch and there is an intense itching sensation across your chest, fingers, arms, hands, legs, breasts or genital area, it is a warning.
2. Burrows: Have you recently spotted some short zigzag or S-shaped lines or burrows? These appear similar to small tunnels, which are created by the parasites under your skin surface.
3. Rashes: The next is about those small nodules, red bumps, and pimple-like irritations. Majorly tehse are located on the webbing between fingers, i.e. under the arms, on the inner part of the wrist, and on the elbows, knees. Thankfully, scabies mite does not mark their presence on the face and scalp.
4. Skin wounds: These will occur few days later as these are resultant of scratches, or open wounds which are caused by excessive scratching.
5. Crusting: If crusting has started taking place over your skin, it means that you have advanced scabies. It is also referred to as Norwegian scabies.
These five symbols give you a hint that your skin is infested. But in order to make sure whether it is scabies or not, you need to go for some lab tests.
How to Diagnose Scabies Clinically?
If you are visiting doctor, he may rely on his judgment of your signs and symptoms, and your history of exposure to scabies mites. This means if have been in close contact with someone who has scabies, he might advise you with required prescriptions. But if you have been infested with these mites for the first time, you must go for an evaluation. Coming to the diagnostic there are a few to choose from. The list includes microscopic examination and ink tests.
Once you have been detected with this contagious skin disease, you need to look for an efficient and effective treatment. For this you can completely rely on Dr. Scabies®. It is the most recommended natural homeopathic remedy. Being 100% safe, natural and effective, it is easily available over-the-counter. Buy it now!