Cancer- the name itself is horrifying, isn’t it? The one which is formed in the tissues of the skin is said to be the Skin Cancer. Being one of the most common types of cancer, it widely affects both men and women worldwide. Find out more about the disease and some natural ways to treat it.
Do you know about one in five Americans are affected by skin cancer each year? Being one of the most common forms of cancer, the rise in incidence recorded is said to be due to the increase in the level of carcinogens in the environment.
But as far as the reasons behind are considered, it is caused when the skin cells modify and multiply in abnormal fashion. It is the uncontrollable growth of these cells which lead to formation of a mass known as a tumor. And this tumor which develops in the skin is malignant in nature. This means that they cause harm to the adjacent cells which lead to random growth of abnormal cells in the body. Later this tumor, flowing through the blood stream affects other organs, raising the severity.
Usually, skin cancer is categorized in three forms further:
- The basal cell carcinoma
- The squamous cell carcinoma
- The melanoma
While the first two are not too dangerous, if treated and cured easily, the last one, Melanoma, needs special attention. Yes, it is the cancer of the melanocyte which is known to cause the large number of death due to skin cancer around the world.
Besides, the good news is that skin cancer can be prevented just adding few herbs to your routine. Find some of them here:
- Red Clover: The scientific name of this herb is Trifolium pretense and it is best known to boost the body's natural channels of elimination. It has been used for cancer prevention due to the phytoestrogenic effect. Basically, the phytoestrogens are natural plant estrogens which do not stimulate excessive cell growth. Especially, if you are dealing with breast or prostate cancers, this can be helpful.
- Garlic: It is known to add taste to your food, and now you have one healthy reason to have it. Having garlic in your diet can increase and stimulate the natural killer cells of your immune system. Thus, it will help protect your body from cell damage and other infecting organisms.
- Green Tea: Nowadays you will get abundance of article writing the benefits of green tea. Definitely, it is a great health element you can add to your routine. But when cancer is concerned, this herb with antioxidant properties is highly useful. It inhibits tissue damage by producing free radicals. The proven anticancer properties with the help of catechins simply inhibit angiogenesis.
- Beetroot: Containing the antioxidant anthocyan, it helps boosting the respiration rate of cancer cells. This further leads in reduction of the life of the cancer cell and to decreased malignancy. So, now you can take it as herbal medicine in particular doses or add to your diet. It significantly prevents liver, lung, and skin cancers.
- Turmeric: It offers liver support to your body and help getting rid of toxins and metabolic wastes. Well known to inhibit angiogenesis, it also decreases inflammation that would else lead to tissue irritation and cell change.
If experts are to be believed, early diagnosis and detection can really help treat skin cancer. Thus, self evaluation of the skin on a regular basis can save you from this deadly disease. Add the above stated herbs to your diet and be a little more careful to keep skin cancer at bay.