If you have ever suffered from anal fissure, you might be aware of the embarrassment and irritation which comes along. Being a health challenge, anal fissures are painful and chronic.
Basically, it is defined as a tear or break in the skin that extends from muscles controlling the anus up into the anal canal. While it is a very common problem, it can last for more than 6 weeks. And once this limit is extended, the problem tends to become chronic, leading to severe effects. But why do they occur.
What Causes Anal Fissure?
When your anal canal gets injured, it gives birth to anal fissure. Here are listed some reasons explaining how it can get affected.
- Child Birth: For women, it is quite common during child birth to suffer. As there will be trauma in perineum tissue while giving a birth to a child, fissures can occur.
- Medical Examination: It can be due to the insertion of the rectal thermometer, ultrasound probe, and endoscope that leads to traumas for the development of an anal fissure.
- Constipation or Diarrhea: It is the most common cause. The trauma during a bowel movement due to repeated diarrhea or hard stools can increase the problem. As per the reports more than 50% of all the patients with constipation are suspected to suffer an anal fissure.
- Viral Infections: Even if it sounds a little weird, you need to know that viral Infections such as TB, HIV, herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis, and chancroid can be a reason for anal fissure. These are sexually transmitted disease which promotes the breakdown of the tissue, causing the problem.
Whatever you reason, the fact is that you need to start with the treatment as soon as possible.
How to Treat Anal Fissure?
- Use A Natural Cleaner: To clean the affected surface, make sure you use lukewarm water. You must avoid using a regular soap or any chemical based skin care products on your anus. Actually, such products can lead dryness close to the canal lining which will be more problematic. Instead you can try using a natural homeopathic remedy on the affected area. It will cause a numbing sensation and help reduction of pain and irritations in the anorectal area. You can also choose an antimicrobial foam soap which soothes your skin.
- Moisturize Your Skin: Having an anal sphincter? Make sure it never dries. Either you can apply coconut oil which is a natural, excellent moisturizer and comes with outstanding healing characteristics, or ask your expert to recommend one. However, application of coconut oil on to the affected area promises effective results. So to avoid dry anus, you can consider its application in day and before going to bed.
Besides checkout some simple, natural ways to boost the healing speed of anal fissure treatment.
How to Boost the Healing Speed Naturally?
It is possible with natural remedies to treat anal fissures in a faster manner. Here are two simple solutions:
- Aloe Vera: This natural ingredient is known worldwide for treating various skin problems. So you can extract the gel present inside the aloe leaf and apply it directly to your skin. It can be repeated as many times as needed.
- Comfrey: It is found in different types of research that this natural ingredient has good healing powers. Not it boosts the healing process but also reduces the pain instantly. So you need to add one tablespoon of dried comfrey to a cup of lukewarm water. Allow it to steep for 15 minutes, strain it and let cool. Now use this solution to cleaning the affected area.
Lastly, fissures might be a common problem, but this never means you can overlook the problem. So if you do not get relief after trying the above stated tips, look for a doctor immediately. Don’t delay it!